POLES PRODUCTION MACHINES
Finishing Line for Distribution Poles
Distribution poles finishing operations, starting from welded poles.
FINISHING LINE FOR DISTRIBUTION POLES
OMM provide wide and flexible solutions by its latest finishing line for distribution poles with high drilling repeatability & accuracy, very low cycle time & man power required, making it very convenient and suitable for poles production plant with high production rate, high quality demand and reduced man power needs.
OMM’s finishing fine for distribution poles can easily be operated and carried thanks to its user-friendly interface. It’s produced with the latest production technologies able to guarantee the best results in term of pole finishing (holes position, holes interax, etc…)
Used for distribution poles finishing operations, represents the solution for companies that want to produce poles with good quality, high production rate and repeatability, automatically, ready for galvanizing process.
Finishing line for distribution poles has a complete working cycle which covers many operations, usually conducted by multiple operators starting from the bundle of poles, until the storage of drilled and repaired poles.
Every working cycle has a duration of roughly 3,5 min (66 holes), that allows the increment of productivity and the reduction of man power (i.e. from 15 operators to only one).
The machine can operate in three different modes:
- Drill at theoretical position: the drilling units position at the same height, so in this case you can be sure that the opposite holes will be exactly on the same axes but there will be no control about the hole centring on the face.
- Drill with face dimension and position measuring with laser reading system:
a. Two reading: this operation mode makes measurement of the pole face dimension and position (on both poles sides) in two points, then the machine will trace a virtual axe passing through these points and every hole will be done on this axe. This operation mode will guarantee the holes alignment along the poles length but will not guarantee that every couples of opposite holes will be on the same axes. This not alignment can be controlled with programmed tolerances.
b. Every hole reading: this operation mode makes measurement on every hole position (on both poles sides) and allows to be sure that every hole will be centred on the polygonal face but you can’t be sure about the position of the opposite holes, neither about the holes alignment along the pole length.
OMM’s finishing line for distribution poles includes the following machines:
- Chain conveyor with poles selecting system
- Double bridge crane for pole loading and unloading
- Drilling station (up to 9 drilling units)
- Roller conveyor
- Checking and repairing station
- Unloading chain conveyor
A customezed finishing line can be designed, at customer demand, in according with the required cycle time and the operations to be done.
Tecnichal and main features
This machine allows, starting from a wide range of poles in term of diameter, length and typology (conical round & polygonal, distribution poles) to make automatic all the process without any poles manual manipulation with the minimum number of workers, guarantee the good final quality & increase productivity.
Making a well finished pole, allows the user to feel the pole’s quality.
This machine as all our machines/systems has been designed and manufactured respecting all the norms, in term of safety and respecting the environment (noise, fumes aspiration, energy recovery back), given by the European Community:
• Complies with all applicable requirements of the machine directive 2006/42/EC
• Conforms with all applicable provisions of the directive 2006/95/CE (low tension)
• Conforms with all applicable provisions of the directive 2004/108/CE (electromagnetic compatibility)
• Conforms with the standard EN ISO 12100 (General principles on machine design)
• Conforms with the standard EN 60204 (Machine Electrical Equipment)
OMM implement the management system in conformity with the European norm ISO 9001:2015 for the designing, construction, installation and maintenance of the industrial automatic equipment for steel fabrication (EA 18).
- Minimum pole diameter 70 mm
- Maximum pole diameter 830 mm
- Pole thickness 3 ÷ 7 mm
- Poles length 10,000 ÷ 15,000 mm
- Poles type conical round / polygonal & one shell
- Taper ratio of the steel pole any for poles
- Drilling technology by tools drilling unit (up to 8+1)
- Drilling movement horizontal & vertical
- Side dimension reading by laser technology
- Material to working S235JR, S355JR, S500 (EN10025)
- High repeatability & accuracy
- Fully automated process or semi-automated
- Production rate up to 15 poles/hour (66 holes)
- Real time date monitoring system & teleservice through internet connection
- Only one operator for line management + one jolly operator for poles loading & unloading